“Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow.” ― Lawrence Clark Powell
People that thrive in relationships do two things very well:
- They communicate effectively when they’re happy.
- They communicate effectively when they’re upset.
Now, you are probably wondering…
“How do we communicate when one of us is upset?”
4 Steps of Building Trust in a Relationship
If you find that building trust in a relationship is hard for you, you’re not alone.
The Venus Talk
1. Ask for your partners full attention for 10 minutes. That’s all.
When a someone has a goal in sight, and can see the finish line, it’s easier to listen, but you must only take 10 minutes not 3 hours!
2. Let them know that you would like to share your feelings with and what it will provide for you. For example, it makes you feel closer and it will make you feel better.
No blaming or criticisms!
Also, they do not need to remember all the details of your story.
When a someone has direction for how to make you feel better, it gives them the confidence to just sit and listen.
A man in love wants to help you feel better.
Love and Coaching: Understanding Men & Women in Life, Love and Business (digital edition) - Mars…
Discover the life-changing power of coaching with this #1 best-selling book from Mars Venus Coaching. Gain valuable…
3. Tell them you don’t want any solutions to your problems because listening is a solution in itself.
The act of listening allows a woman to feel that she is not facing her problems alone — she has a partner, she has support, she is not alone. These feelings trigger calming hormones in the body.
4. Thank them for listening.